WSI Franchisee and Internet Marketing Consultant Andre Savoie recently offered his digital marketing know-how to an honorable cause. Collaborating with the Louisiana Tourism Coastal Coalition (LTCC), Andre put his social media savvy to good use in an effort to increase tourism after the terrible BP oil spill of April 2010.
We all remember the disastrous oil spill and the horrible effects it had on several coastal communities in the United States. In effect, the LTCC aimed to rebuild the reputation of the fishing and tourism industries affected by the disaster. And for Andre, who is based out of New Orleans, the initiative hit close to home and collaborating on the project was a no-brainer.
Launching an Online Campaign
The LTCC already had a web presence – www.visitlouisianacoast.com – but along with WSI and a newly launched integrated digital marketing campaign, their online visibility soared to a whole new level. The launch included:
- Social media consulting
- Split A/B message testing
- Creation of custom social media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
- Ongoing management on their company blog (blog.visitlouisianacoast.com)
Boosting Online Visibility
By launching an integrated social media marketing strategy for the non-profit organization, Andre’s efforts have generated terrific results. The Louisiana Tourism Coastal Coalition has gone from having no social media presence to developing increasingly stronger visibility. Some social media successes so far include:
- Building a Facebook network of over 500 friends
- Building a Twitter following of over 400 followers
- 1,000 views on their YouTube channel
- Soaring blog traffic
- A Pay Per Click campaign that has generated triple the traffic they received in the last month
And amazingly, all of this was accomplished within only 3 months!
This is an outstanding accomplishment. It’s a great testament to WSI’s commitment to incorporating online expertise to our social responsibilities around the world.
Thomas J. Holzkopf
Certified Internet & Digital Marketing Consultant