For all the online marketing strategies that web designers and business owners employ, it's the results that matter most. That's one reason why so many books, seminars, and web pages are big on the topic of maximizing website conversion ratios – everything you do to bring traffic to your business website is a waste if you can't convince some of those visitors to become customers.
With that in mind, here are seven quick ways to increase the conversion ratios on your website, and improve your online marketing ROI at the same time:
1. Improve your business web design. This is a simple notion, but an effective one. The more credible and professional your business website looks, the more trust people put in your company, and the more likely they are to buy from you. Hint: work with an organization that has professional training and certification in landing page design, such as what they offer in MECLABS/MarketingExperiments curriculum.
2. Opt for a cleaner navigation structure. Just as in a physical retail store, customers who can't find what they're looking for quickly, and can't find help when they need it, are very likely to become frustrated and take their money elsewhere. There’s a reason why minimalist design has become so popular. Use the old “KISS” rule (Keep It Simple)!
3. Start a relationship with the customer. No matter how great your business website is, not everyone is going to be ready to buy on the first visit. For that reason, you should be collecting e-mail addresses and using auto-responders. It's an easy tool to install, and a great way to start a relationship with future customers and to keep in touch.
4. Add strong call to actions on every page. What do you really want people to do while they're on your pages? Figure that out, and then ask them to do it, in a very straightforward way. Asking for what you want isn't exactly an advanced marketing technique, but it can do wonders for your business website.
5. Encourage customers to leave online reviews. How will this help you improve your conversion ratios? The more visitors to your website see that you have been able to make other customers happy – in the form of four- and five-star reviews – the easier it is for them to make the decision to do business with your company. A study has shown that over 88% of all online reviews in the U.S. are positive ones, and 70% of consumers trust the word of other consumers, while only 27% trust the experts.
6. Use click-to-call functionality. Now more than ever, customers will be visiting your website through smart phones and other web-ready devices. By letting them click to call you instantly, you make it faster and more convenient for them to contact you and place an order, schedule an appointment, etc. Remember that a website designed for the mobile platform is very different than the design of your regular website.
7. Put your contact info in places that are easy to find. In a perfect world, visitors to your business website will understand exactly what you want them to do and decide to do it. Should they need assistance, or have a question, however, make it easy for them to reach you quickly. Most people do not feel comfortable doing business with a company whose contact information is difficult to find.
Remember, finding customers online is the name of the game, so use these tips to increase your website conversion ratios.
WSI (We Simplify the Internet) has been providing all size businesses with results-oriented internet and digital marketing strategies since the mid-90's. So don't hesitate to call the best in the business (at least we think so!).
If you're in
the Madison and Mount Horeb Wisconsin area and have been thinking about freshening up your website and start turning more visitors into customers, you should contact WSI or give us a call today at (608) 523-4255 and
let's discuss these opportunities right away!